http://cofisher.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-not-to-make-friends-in-outdoors.htmlMonday, September 12, 2011
So, here's the list-feel free to add your own.
1. Yes that other person probably has all the right in the world to bring his barking, splashing, growling, crapping dog with him. It's not the dog's fault that his owner has scrambled eggs for brains. Yes, your dog is pretty, put his ass on a leash!
3. This is not aimed at any particular group of people, but I've seen it so many times that I may start carrying a cell phone on the water with me. You watch some yahoo catching fish after fish and throwing them into a bush behind him so the game warden doesn't see that he's 6 fish over limit.
4. I don't mind sharing the water, after all, I don't own it. But the next time a raft comes by and runs over my feet, not to mention my fly line, my new pocket knife is going to meet Mr. Goodyear rubber raft.
5. The next time a bear shows up in the campground, I'm going looking for the jerk that left a cooler full of fish out last night. I'll wait my turn if the bear is still showing his appreciation.
7. Have you ever been outdoors and seen some jackass dump his trash out the car window while flying down the road at 80 mph? Stop! Pick up the garbage and follow the idiot to the next gas station or restaurant. If the window on his car is down, leave him a gift. If not, follow him into the place and let him know that you know he accidentally dropped something...and give it back to him. No reward necessary!
8. Grafitti- I hate the stuff. When you live and fish close to a college town, it's inevitable that you will run into these Rhodes Scholars once in a while. Don't get mad! Remember, they're going to college to get educated...so educate them. Ask if you can join the party, take a can of spray paint and color him red. Who's he going to call...Ghostbusters?
9. When I'm out hiking, I always carry a walking stick. More and more it's getting difficult to hike without running across the Red Baron on a Schwinn-chasing people off the paths like he's strafing the enemy. It's pretty easy to accidentally place that stick between his spoke, so It's a good idea to know first aid, cause he's going down.